Amtrak. it forces the eradication of poverty.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Unless the source (in this case a magazie article by David Luberoff) is then duly sourced to some sort of document. I can write a book called "America Loves Amtrak" and state that everyone wants to pay for it. Does sourcing that make it credible on Wiki?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have numerous direct quotes from early Amtrak people from a still born book I was going to write. Is that a source?

At the end of the day does it really matter? Whatever the motivations of whoever involved in the creation of Amtrak, that is all water under the bridge and over the dam. We are where we are, and the only way we can go is forward in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
To refresh people's memory, the First Amendment to the US Constitution says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
It says nothing about any body other than the Congress and the laws it is allowed to make.
Yes, but it also applies to states, via the 14th amendment. See Near v. Minnesota. Private individuals, though, not so much.
Gitlow v. New York was the earliest case where SCOTUS applied the Fourteenth Amendment to extend the First Amendment to the states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back