Amtrak. it forces the eradication of poverty.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NE933

Conductor
And it plays a role in stopping the extinction of many American populations. That's why we need it to be alive and well, allowed priority, deserves a platform on debates that are socual, political, and governmental. Psychological too. The Civil War killed over half million souls, and this current 2nd Civil War, a conflct not faught with cannons or grenades or atomic bombs, but with misanthropic anti-guidance and policies and interpersonal vitriol. The transport and carriage of populations on rail does more than just move them fro A to B. It calms and civilizes our collective conscious, it exerts a needed push of attention to how things move and work, and works as like a music concert - one that entertains well the lesson of how a nations' success is tethered to an umbillical cord - that is our infastructure, to the sources of commerce and currency.

Freight railroads have to make intimate love with America's passenger RR.... Its leader and all concerned: riders and non-riders alike, must be more maternal to it.

That's my arguement, have fun (or not).

Last edited by a moderator:
The transport and carriage of populations on rail does more than just move them fro A to B. It calms and civilizes our collective conscious, it exerts a needed push of attention to how things move and work,....
Yep. Not many of us think about this sort of thing in the context of Amtrak (although I certainly do in other contexts, such as farm markets). But it's true. Thanks for posting.

Freight railroads have to make intimate love with America's passenger RR....
ewtfe.gif

The transport and carriage of populations on rail does more than just move them fro A to B. It calms and civilizes our collective conscious, it exerts a needed push of attention to how things move and work,....
Yep. Not many of us think about this sort of thing in the context of Amtrak (although I certainly do in other contexts, such as farm markets). But it's true. Thanks for posting.
I think it's nonsense.

How does a train "exert a needed push of attention to how things move and work" that an airliner or canal barge or bicycle can't?

All the "Wat"s and 'where's yor medications', indicates I've caught them by surprise. They were not thinking about this stuff, and are the ones who are caught with their pants down.

Your passage to the right to walk and talk passenger trains whether on here, or when your head rests at night on someone's pillow, requires a posture of advocacy for passenger trains. You must support the basics of what we've got and constructively criticize for the purpose of advocating for more and better Amtrak trains and their operation. Those who don't are just wasting the time of those of us who use and even dare i say depend on it.

does no one screen these posts? Just curious
Only for true nastiness. Not for harmless craziness. ;)
And I believe that someone who is a member can post whatever they want and it gets added immediately. Obviously it can be flagged, locked, hidden, removed etc by the moderators after the fact. Someone please correct me if that is wrong.
yeah, and that's good.

Harmless craziness - no problem by me, I might have posted some incoherent stuff sometime, no problem. (What long-timer hasn't ?)

If I ever post a manifesto here - expect would be mostly ignored. Rightly so.

No problem --

And it plays a role in stopping the extinction of many American populations. That's why we need it to be alive and well, allowed priority, deserves a platform on debates that are socual, political, and governmental. Psychological too. The Civil War killed over half million souls, and this current 2nd Civil War, a conflct not faught with cannons or grenades or atomic bombs, but with misanthropic anti-guidance and policies and interpersonal vitriol. The transport and carriage of populations on rail does more than just move them fro A to B. It calms and civilizes our collective conscious, it exerts a needed push of attention to how things move and work, and works as like a music concert - one that entertains well the lesson of how a nations' success is tethered to an umbillical cord - that is our infastructure, to the sources of commerce and currency.

Freight railroads have to make intimate love with America's passenger RR.... Its leader and all concerned: riders and non-riders alike, must be more maternal to it.

I have to agree with meds comment. :giggle: This is so fraught with misspells combined with odd logic layered with some strange psychological extensions.

I have to agree with meds comment. :giggle: This is so fraught with misspells combined with odd logic layered with some strange psychological extensions.
So Was That, I THINK!?!??!! :wacko: :blink: :eek: :p

" I Think..Therefore, I Am:" Mr. Descartes always liked to study the matrix. Perhaps Mr. NE933 is also in a matrix and is defining his world for us all.

Philosophy 101 The Ohio State University.. :giggle: Just kidding.. :)

to my knowledge, the first amendment refrains from mentioning spelling or grammar
To my knowledge, the first amendment has no application on this forum, other than the government can't regulate what we say here. Since nobody on here is acting on behalf of the government, any regulation/criticism of the contents of these messages can be done without any concern for the first amendment.

To refresh people's memory, the First Amendment to the US Constitution says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
It says nothing about any body other than the Congress and the laws it is allowed to make.

In fact the First Amendment applies to state and local governments, and anyone acting in a *governmental capacity* with some sort of delegated authority from said governments, thanks to the Fourteenth Amendment. (It didn't even apply to state governments before the 14th amendment was passed back in the 1860s.) There have been cases over whether the First Amendment applies to Amtrak. It does. Amtrak can't throw you off the train because they don't like your political T-shirt.

Private citizens who have nothing to do with the government, like the operators of this forum, are not bound by the First Amendment at all, and can do whatever they want, including establishing a mandatory religion for forum members. :)

In fact the First Amendment applies to state and local governments, and anyone acting in a *governmental capacity* with some sort of delegated authority from said governments, thanks to the Fourteenth Amendment. (It didn't even apply to state governments before the 14th amendment was passed back in the 1860s.) There have been cases over whether the First Amendment applies to Amtrak. It does. Amtrak can't throw you off the train because they don't like your political T-shirt.

Private citizens who have nothing to do with the government, like the operators of this forum, are not bound by the First Amendment at all, and can do whatever they want, including establishing a mandatory religion for forum members. :)
And that religion is Passenger Trains For All. :giggle:

To refresh people's memory, the First Amendment to the US Constitution says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
It says nothing about any body other than the Congress and the laws it is allowed to make.
Yes, but it also applies to states, via the 14th amendment. See Near v. Minnesota. Private individuals, though, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back