Amtrak "layover' turns into 12-hour delay

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching the A&E cable program "Airline" brings a very unique understanding to the problems of travel. You see problems from both perspectives--airline (in this case, Southwest) and passenger--and realize that the airlines deal with service disruptions as much as Amtrak does. Not every patron who is stuck by a problem created by Southwest is accomodated. There is apparently a relatively narrow window of acceptability for passengers to be accomodated adequately and it seems that the passengers have to go through quite a hassel to get accomodations. I wonder how Amtrak would look if it were on a similar program.

I don’t recall ever being accommodated in a civilized way by a U.S. airline in recent years. I am old enough to remember when travel, by whatever means in the U.S., was a generally pleasant experience. Sadly, civility and ease in travel seems to be confined to certain countries outside the U.S., and then it’s the luck of the draw.
Well - maybe I'm lucky, or don't travel as much as you do, but last year on NorthWest we were "stranded" in Seattle trying to get to Hawaii. They put us up in a fine Marriott with all we could eat and better seats the next day to Honolulu. I've never had a problem with NW making it right in almost 500,000 miles with them over the years.

Back