Amtrak on Hipmunk

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveKCMO

Service Attendant
i was browsing NYP-MTR flights on hipmunk.com the other day and noticed that the adirondack came up in the results. the site doesn't appear to show all amtrak routes (KCY-STL), but i just checked NYP-BBY and saw results for regional and acela. the site's blog doesn't mention amtrak integration, but it's curious since -- like most flight search engines -- hipmunk doesn't display southwest's flights.

it would be great if hipmunk (and all of the other flight searches) offered *all* possible transport options as well (greyhound, megabus, bolt, etc.). i know google transit has added a few amtrak routes as well.

i was browsing NYP-MTR flights on hipmunk.com the other day and noticed that the adirondack came up in the results. the site doesn't appear to show all amtrak routes (KCY-STL), but i just checked NYP-BBY and saw results for regional and acela. the site's blog doesn't mention amtrak integration, but it's curious since -- like most flight search engines -- hipmunk doesn't display southwest's flights.

it would be great if hipmunk (and all of the other flight searches) offered *all* possible transport options as well (greyhound, megabus, bolt, etc.). i know google transit has added a few amtrak routes as well.
I like this format, especially the way you can adjust the view. I'd be nice if they ALL Amtrak trains. But maybe later. Gives a nice "visual" of comparisons thou.

Hipmunk is today announcing that its flight search results now include Amtrak trips where appropriate.

I came here to post this and see that it was working for DaveKCMO almost a year ago. Hmm.

Anyway, Hipmunk is the coolest flight search site, because of the way it presents its results. Its hotel search page is pretty good too. I encourage you to try it.

6127264607_18f269f3d6_b.jpg

gscFC.png

I like the fact that they include Amtrak listings but their super sugary branding looks like it's trying to target tween girls.

Must be a bigger market than I realized existed. :huh:

We’re celebrating by launching the “Train Trak Photo Contest,” which will run through September 22, 2011. To participate, send us a picture you’ve taken of trains, train stations, platforms, or yourself on a train or platform.
Oh boy, I wonder if this photo contest will go as well as Amtrak's own photo contest did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back