amtrak rail travel privilege card

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roberto A Villa

I recently received my Amtrak Rail Travel card. I am a retiree of Amtrak. I cannot determine what is my pass number or three-digit index number for me and my spouse. I have the old picture ID. There is a 3 digit number beginning with P and there as a 5 digit number beginning with AM.

I recently received my Amtrak Rail Travel card. I am a retiree of Amtrak. I cannot determine what is my pass number or three-digit index number for me and my spouse. I have the old picture ID. There is a 3 digit number beginning with P and there as a 5 digit number beginning with AM.
Neither of those are it, I don't think. Your best bet is to call the pass bureau, at the phone number that was listed on the letter ( I received one as well).

I am also an Amtrak retiree, there are two ways to obtain the last three digits (index number). The first way is the one I used, just go to your local Amtrak station and the ticket agent can provide you with your number after you present your new pass. The other option is to call "Julie" 1-800-USA RAIL, ask for an agent at the prompt, they can also provide you with the number. Remember that you must have your pass in hand as they may ask for some information from the card, also try not to call at peak times as you will experience a wait to get an agent.

New user here, also an Amtrak retiree. We just received the new passes. As I understand it,

the easiest way to handle it is to pull out your old "picture RTPC" (if you have one) and the

3 digit code should be printed there. But if you were a freight employee, or retired from 'Trak

way back when, you may only have the flimsy plastic card they used to issue. Then follow the

advice of the other posters above. I do not want to give out too much info about the workings

of the RTPC here on a public forum, for obvious reasons.

I'll post an intro thread when my account gets fully approved. I think I'm still a "guest." :ph34r:

I'll post an intro thread when my account gets fully approved. I think I'm still a "guest." :ph34r:
Actually I approved your account 2 minutes before you made this post. :)

Of course the odds are good that you were already writing your post even as I was approving your membership.

Hello "Old Porter"

Welcome to the best train forum on the internet.

Both my wife and I are retired Amtrak employees with 40 years and 33 years service.

I can tell you that in both our cases the " index number" for your new pass have nothing to do with any number on your old pass. You will have to visit an attended station and get the info or call "Julie" and ask for agent at the end of her spiel.

oldtimer aka Al

Thanks Alan B and Al (oldtimer.) I'll go down to my local friendly Amtrak station

and see if my associate there can extract my new numbers, or do it by phone as you advise.

Glad to be aboard and look forward to reading and posting about the NRPC; maybe telling a

tale or two about life on the road. I've been gone from the Service since 2003, so my info

isn't exactly "current." ;) But I was a "boomer" and worked several crafts and some office jobs

in my 24 years. Got a pretty good overview of the operations of the railroad, from the inside.

I can see there are some really excellent posters here, such as Sarah the writer. Thanks again

to all for the welcome!

OP

I am retired and looking for an answer as to why my wife was not placed on my new pass. We have called the number from the letter at least twice a week each time it states the mailbox if full. I have sent 3 or 4 email with no response. Can you help me as to where I need to go from here for help.

Thanks

Dwight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back