Amtrak Silver Train leaving Denver after Rocky Mtnr meetup?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The latest AAA "Go" magazine just arrived. It had a hype article on the Rocky Mountaineer in Colorado. Right in the first section, it mentioned that while the Mountaineer was in Denver, the "Zephyr pulled alongside". The RM customers made comments about better food and windows then, per the magazine, "Soon Amtrak's Silver Service train cars sped ahead on their way west...".

Obviously, the "reporter" had no idea what the Silvers are and where they go. Oh, well! I guess AAA is still mad that Amtrak no longer gives their members a discount.

She goes on to say "Stellar service and spectacular views seen at more than a blur set Rocky Mountaineer apart from other sightseeing journeys by rail". I guess those same spectacular views and Amtrak's "blurring speeds" are something I missed back in October/November when we saw the same scenery at Amtrak's non-blurring speed. And we saw them on a train that started from Chicago for less than the RM starting in Denver. Sure, we didn't get gourmet meals but the steaks were wonderful.

I noted that none of the people shown in the pictures were wearing masks although the RM started in Covid in spite of the article saying "You must wear face coverings on ... the train except when eating and drinking". And, of course, you eat at your seat, have no dining car, and no room to return to when tired, at that higher price.

But, hey, you only get one glass of wine per day on Amtrak but apparently unlimited drinks on the RM. Those drinks help dull the cost of the ride.

Back