Amtrak Tidewater, VA service Disrupted?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

capltd29

Lead Service Attendant
I found this on NARP's Website:

A larger CSX trackwork window on the single-track Peninsula Subdivision (between Richmond and Newport News) will affect Tidewater service for the entire month of February. Train 94 will depart Newport News at 7:10 a.m. (two hours earlier) Monday-Thursday and take the slot of train 176 from Washington to Boston. Regular northbound operation will occur Friday-Sunday. Trains 95, 99, and 83 (southbound service) are unaffected, although Train 95 may take delays going into Newport News. However, trains 66 and 67 are cancelled in their entirety south of Washington (they will operate Boston-Washington) from February 6 through March 2 with passengers directed to the other Newport News train.

Will this be in effect on Friday February 4th? I am supposed to ride this to DC from Richmond...I would not like to get to the station at 1030 am to discover that the train left an hour ago!

JP

The message you quoted does state that "Regular northbound operation will occur Friday-Sunday," but if there is any question, a call to Amtrak reservations should clear up the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back