Amtrak train #2 now departing LAX at 3PM

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

singwith

Train Attendant
I just noticed today that Amtrak train #2 leaves LAX at 3PM instead of 2:40PM. But I can't find any reason or service alert on Amtrak website.

Snuffy

On Friday we departed on #2 at 3:20 pm though scheduled departure time was 2:40. Reason given was need to switch locomotives.

On Friday we departed on #2 at 3:20 pm though scheduled departure time was 2:40. Reason given was need to switch locomotives.

wow, On Wednesday, The train departed on time(2:40PM) but it stopped at CP El Monte and waited for the signal?(I think) for 30 mins. and Today,The train departed 6 mins late(new schedule at 3PM) and arrived in Pomona 36 mins late.

Snuffy

The new departure time accommodates a bus connection from the San Joaquin via Bakersfield.

The schedule was apparently adjusted to fit a recent Metrolink schedule update. This is according the the Amtrak employee news. I was shown a copy of the news by the Amtrak agent in Hammond, LA.

The schedule was apparently adjusted to fit a recent Metrolink schedule update. This is according the the Amtrak employee news. I was shown a copy of the news by the Amtrak agent in Hammond, LA.
It had nothing to do with a Metrolink schedule update. It was entirely because of a desire to make a connection with the San Joaquin bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back