Amtrak's Pere Marquette 8/2/2006

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrak_russ

Service Attendant
I woke up at 6:50 this morning, and had to rush to the station without a shower. :angry: :( I arrived at the station at 7:10 and saw about 100+ people waiting for the train, a good sign. :D :D :D Some people were scared that they would be able to find a seat but i assured them they would since the train can hold roughly 210 people.

The train arrived into the station at 7:31 and I boarded the first car. We departed Grand Rapids at 7:34 (1 min early).

And for those keeping track...

Consist

P-42 14

Horizon Coach 54566 (My coach) had a limited snack cart.

Horizon Coach 54527

Horizon Coach 54517

Entered CSX Wyoming yard at 7:39 and saw CP X500 getting recrewed. Then at the west end of the yard we stopped to hand throw on to the main. Shortly after throwing the switch (7:52), I overheard on the conductor's radio K357 (stone train) ask for permission to leave after Amtrak 371.

Next at Grandville (7:57) the cafe' attendant made an announcement and sounded rather tired is and speech was slow. Passed through Jenison at 8:01 and Hudsonville at 8:06. Then somewhere just west of hudsonville i spotted a crew preparing to repair a crossing. Then I got up and walked the train and found power outlets at every seat throughout the train, then I bought a cookie and a soda.

Arrived in Holland at 8:23 and loaded 80+ people. We departed at 8:28 (7 min late). After Holland not much happened except chatting with a nice lady headed to Chicago. At 8:50 one of the conductors broght refreshments to the engineer.

Next at Bangor we loaded 20 for Chicago and departed at 9:11 (9 min late).

We arrived into St. Joseph at 9:54 (14 min late).

Here is a link to pictures of my departure from GR (taken by my brother)

http://www.railroadfan.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10241

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back