Amtrak's Standard Policy to prohibit the use of electronic devices

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That better be stuck on with gaffers tape, or somebody's gonna be in hot water!
Looks like electrical tape to me.
Nah it's gaffer, you can see the fibers from the gaffer tape protruding on the torn ends.
Military spec lusterless cloth duct tape.
I wish electrical tape had sparks and made your hair stand up if you touched it while gaffer tape would always say the wrong thing at the wrong time around the wrong people before being attacked by covert military tape. It's 2015 so if I can't have a hoverboard and flying car then at least give me some interesting household goods to amuse myself. Amirite?
I wouldn't be surprised if the black military tape isn't the same thing as Gaffer in reality...

peter

I hopewho posted that sign losses there job. It takes a real idot to make up a wide verbage policy with out a legal team to check it .

SO under there literal terms My ELECTRONIC bose nose cancel headphones I wear to deal with autsim noise overload is banned .. My Casio watch is electonic .

Here comes my ADA lawyer .

I hope some one understands that as a low wage gear in the amtrak cog. your duties as a OBS are to have a lawfull safe trip.RTFM and follow it to the T .

you are not paid to make up stuff.

let alone things that may get your employer sued .

The legal brass at 60 mass is paid to do this .

If I ever see this on my train Ill gladly call amtrak PD and report there is a nutty employee on the train .

100s of things that are electronic.

how about a insuin pump. my watch . Or hell god forbid a cop with a RADIO and PHONE comes in the dining car.

congrats amtrak you have made it on my darwin awards list..

Last edited by a moderator:
I hopewho posted that sign losses there job. It takes a real idot to make up a wide verbage policy with out a legal team to check it .

SO under there literal terms My ELECTRONIC bose nose cancel headphones I wear to deal with autsim noise overload is banned .. My Casio watch is electonic .

I hope some one understands that as a low wage gear in the amtrak cog. your duties as a OBS are to have a lawfull safe trip.RTFM and follow it to the T .

If I ever see this on my train Ill gladly call amtrak PD and report there is a nutty employee on the train .

how about a insuin pump. my watch . Or hell god forbid a cop with a RADIO and PHONE comes in the dining car.

And my hearing aids. My church uses the general/loose term electronics when they ask everyone to turn them off or mute them during the pre-Mass announcements. I always say to myself, if I turned off my electronics (hearing aids & FM receiver) then I would not be able to hear anything.

And my hearing aids. My church uses the general/loose term electronics when they ask everyone to turn them off or mute them during the pre-Mass announcements. I always say to myself, if I turned off my electronics (hearing aids & FM receiver) then I would not be able to hear anything.

I hate to be a black and white literal PITA. but the law is often way more bianary then most assume it is.

not that spelt out blacklist of devices is needed. but the wording is a joke.

If I was so inclined to make up policy it would read

"" amtrak's policy is that you dont use gaming/Media consumption devices in the lounge

ADA Items exempt . ""

OK so it is a wide brush that would cover a gameboy to a laptop to a kindle .

It does made it clear that ADA laws/common sense WILL BE RECOGNIZED.

I know many non verbal autistic kids who have a really cool tablet that is one step away from Dr hawkings voice thingy.

the ADA clearly covers them ...

they can have it speak on there behalf by forming sentiences with pictures .

You can always, surrepticiously, yank down the sign and trash it too. Lord knows I've done that more than once, especially when they look like this:

I do not know how many Coaches this particular train carries but if it is sold out and there is only 1 Amfleet Lounge, table space for folks wanting to eat their purchases is going to likely be at a premium, especially at "Meal Time" (if you can consider AmLounge Food to be a Meal, but that is another discussion). So I can side with the LSA for doing whatever is needed to keep tables turning over so folks can sit down to eat at a table.

On the other hand, if the Lounge is only averaging a few folks, then it should be "fair game," short of plopping down a Whiskey Bottle or tearing the place up.

I should carry a full "service standards guide" printout .

Pay my nice fedEx print guy in town to bind it nice and pretty book and have it in color on the front . just read it casually have some of those sticky bookmarks on it in a few places .

That should hint a clue.

Heck with my ham HT and OSHA class 3 yellow jacket I wear everywhere they might think i work for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back