An All New AMTRAK Map

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
very, very cool map! i wish the mapmakers at Amtrak could take a cue or 2 from your map, and deceipher where their routes go, and color-coded them, like you do. this also coming from a personal map geek, myself(although i learned the system myself from carefully rereading the timetables myself and comparing it with Amtrak's map, + damn that map for being so vague).

Nice job with the map!

For future reference, Adobe Reader shows what I figure to be the primary Amtrak timetable display font family as Frutiger.

Amtrak timetables also use Helvetica in places. I think that font is used in the actual city names, and arrival/departure times.

Nice job with the map!
For future reference, Adobe Reader shows what I figure to be the primary Amtrak timetable display font family as Frutiger.

Amtrak timetables also use Helvetica in places. I think that font is used in the actual city names, and arrival/departure times.
The other day at work, I mananged to open one of the Amtrak timetable PDFs for editing, and it indicated those fonts as well another font actually named "AmtrakPPD" or something like that. My guess is that's for the symbols for cafe car, flag stop, etc.

I had been toying with the idea/desire to create "What If" timetables for fantasy services like "CHI-ATL-JAC," "CHI-MSP," and even "STL-CIN-PGH-PHI" but too much of the type got corrupted to yield a believable output. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back