An exclusive Amtrak bonus offer for Dennis

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PetalumaLoco

Conductor
Anyone else get the "exclusive" offer?

"Earn 500 bonus points for your first trip taken between August 1, 2009 and October 31, 2009. To qualify, you must register online with promotion registration code 4757. "

I just love marketing!

Also,

"It's been awhile, so we'd like to remind you of all the reasons to ride Amtrak..."

We're leaving on our annual x-country rail journey in 10 days.

Yeah I got an email this morning but it is for a different offer.

Earn TRIPLE points for each trip taken between August 1, 2009 and October 31, 2009. To qualify, you must register online with promotion registration code 4759.

Jack

Anyone else get the "exclusive" offer?"Earn 500 bonus points for your first trip taken between August 1, 2009 and October 31, 2009. To qualify, you must register online with promotion registration code 4757. "
Hm.

Earn TRIPLE points for each trip taken between August 1, 2009 and October 31, 2009. To qualify, you must register online with promotion registration code 4759.
Wonder what happens if I punch in 4758.. or it its odd numbers, 4755 and 4561...

Heh...
"The promotion code provided is not valid."

On both accounts. I didn't get the "exclusive" code apparently :p
Same here I always punch in all the codes i see here because you never know? I could get lucky so its worth the 45 seconds it takes to log in and copy and paste.
I think that you'll find that four-digit promo codes are targeted to particular accounts, while five-digit ones are universal. That's been my experience, at least.

It seems this "special" offer is only made to AGR members who Amtrak wants to get back on the rails riding regularly. In other words, the person who originally received it probably hasn't ridden much, or none, in the time leading up to the promo offer. I do believe they are set on an individual basis.

It seems this "special" offer is only made to AGR members who Amtrak wants to get back on the rails riding regularly. In other words, the person who originally received it probably hasn't ridden much, or none, in the time leading up to the promo offer. I do believe they are set on an individual basis.
And it seems to be strictly based on postings to AGR, not reservations with one's AGR attached. I, like, PetalumaLoco got a targeted promo less than 2 weeks before a long trip.

Well, I fit the target demographic of the code (haven't ridden since May of 2008! :( ), but I tried Dennis's code and it said it was invalid. :(

A visit to the AGR website did remind me to sign up for the Power Points promo, though!

Heh...

Same here I always punch in all the codes i see here because you never know? I could get lucky so its worth the 45 seconds it takes to log in and copy and paste.
I think that you'll find that four-digit promo codes are targeted to particular accounts, while five-digit ones are universal. That's been my experience, at least.
Wow thanks for pointing that out it does actually make sense I had just never made that connection before. That means AGR might actually have thought something out.

Heh...

Wow thanks for pointing that out it does actually make sense I had just never made that connection before. That means AGR might actually have thought something out.
And that means AGR has never given me anything exclusive! :lol:

Heh...

And that means AGR has never given me anything exclusive! :lol:
:lol: Checking my promotion history yields the same result. I'm just not important enough in their eyes I gues :eek: :lol: :lol:

Back