An important question about...dessert

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliforniaMom

Service Attendant
It sounds like meals in the dining car are pretty filling - can a passenger take a dessert "to go" to enjoy later in their roomette or sleeper? Or does everything need to be consumed at the table in the dining car?

Thanks.

You can take anything you want back with you, and they've always been happy to package dessert directl to go for us (including giving us bowls and silverware).

It sounds like meals in the dining car are pretty filling - can a passenger take a dessert "to go" to enjoy later in their roomette or sleeper? Or does everything need to be consumed at the table in the dining car?

Thanks.
They've always been happy to pack it up to go. In fact, one time, they asked if I would because they wanted to turn the table.

Yup! Taking dessert to go is a common thing with us when traveling in Sleeper. I loved having the chocolate lava cake ala-mode with a nice glass of Bourbon whiskey from the comfortable accommodations of my bedroom before, the lights dimmed and a snowy wintery landscape drifting past my window outside. First-Class all the way!

Yup! Taking dessert to go is a common thing with us when traveling in Sleeper. I loved having the chocolate lava cake ala-mode with a nice glass of Bourbon whiskey from the comfortable accommodations of my bedroom before, the lights dimmed and a snowy wintery landscape drifting past my window outside. First-Class all the way!
I agree about having dessert in one's room with a good, civilized whisky. :)

Funny how whiskey from the state of KY has an 'e' in its spelling, while the good, civilized single malts from Scotland, do not. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you can also eat dessert first in the dining car -- an important option for some of us older folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Funny how whiskey from the state of KY has an 'e' in its spelling, while the good, civilized single malts from Scotland, do not. :p
Well, he did say he was drinking bourbon, not scotch. :giggle:

Personally, I don't care how it's spelled just how it tastes in my glass :hi:

I think you can also eat dessert first in the dining car -- an important option for some of us older folks.
Hey, my younger son would LOVE that idea! On the other hand, then I lose the incentive for getting him to eat all his veggies. :blush:

I thought generally:

whiskey = American and Irish

whisky = Canadian and Scottish

I'm sure there are exceptions, though.

In Japanese it's spelled: ウイスキー :ph34r: :p

However on a train it doesn't taste properly unless it's wrapped in a brown bag......

You guys fight over the whisky ;)

I'll stick to this: (Taken From Inside Bedroom E Sunset Limited)

P1000126 by seat38a, on Flickr

You guys fight over the whisky ;)

I'll stick to this: (Taken From Inside Bedroom E Sunset Limited)

P1000126 by seat38a, on Flickr
I'll take that too. Making me thirsty when working late on a Friday night.

I'll drink to that too! ^_^ (But make mine Baileys! ;) )
Local/regional microbrews for me!

I've been thinking of starting a thread about places a short walk from various train stations where one can find good/interesting local beers for sale. Doesnt seem to quite belong in a dessert thread. :unsure:

I've been thinking of starting a thread about places a short walk from various train stations where one can find good/interesting local beers for sale. Doesnt seem to quite belong in a dessert thread. :unsure:
Start one. Penny will be happy to join you. :D

Dessert and Beer go together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back