An interesting twist to rewarding AGR points...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cristobal

Lead Service Attendant
Taking advantage of the NTD triple points promotion I did an overnight run from SJC to LAX on the CS leaving on 5/7 and returning on 5/8. When points for that trip posted they showed a 'transaction date' of 5/6 for the first leg giving me only double points and not the triple points that I was expecting. When I called tonight to explain the situation the CSR pulled up the trip info and then was gone for quite a while. When he finally got back on the phone he explained to me that because the #11 that I was on actually originated in SEA on 5/6 the computer program applying points to people's accounts used that date to compute my points even though I didn't set foot on that train until the morning of 5/7. The CSR was apologetic for the 'glitch' and manually applied the additional points to my account. :)

Just something else to be aware of I guess...

The same thing happened to me 2 years ago.

I took #66 from KIN to BOS, but because it departed from WAS and south on NTD-1 day, it posted at the lower bonus amount!
mad.gif
But #66 departs KIN at 6:20 AM on NTD, I should have received the higher bonus amount! After a call to AGR, I got the right amount!
smile.gif

Those who depart at a station near the end of any route (especially the western routes), where it may be posted with a posting date of 2 days prior should be aware of this! Especially on say #422 from WNR or STL to CHI where it may post as 3 days prior!
ohmy.gif

Normally it wouldn't matter, but if it involves a higher bonus, you must watch the posting date.
mda.gif

This happened to me on NTD as well. I boarded #3(5) in Riverside on the morning of NTD, and the points posted as if my trip was on the 5th. A quick call to AGR sorted everything out.

Back