Annual Mooning Of The Trains

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably, it has always in the past been on the second Saturday of July and encompasses the entire area from the Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo Metrolink stop until that road ends. I saw it on the last year before parking was made illegal on that stretch of road. It was a madhouse, but it looked like they sure were having a good time. There were probably 5,000 people there. I understand that the reason that the parking was made illegal was because the road literally turned into a parking lot and emergency vehicles could not proceed when they were needed. I then saw it the following year, and in a mile and a half, there were maybe 30 people. It was abysmal, and actually kind of sad. I have not seen it in the past 2, nor will I this year when I will be on the east coast. The announcements both times have been funny though, along the lines of "Ladies and gentlemen, if you are at all offended by nudity, then we advise you move to the right side of the train for the next few minutes, or refrain from looking out the left side. If you are willing to look, then this should be quite amusing." I'm sure that you could still go and participate if you would like, but it will not be a big deal, and you will definitely be somewhat lonely.

Or mooning cars at grade crossings while on Viewliners using the in room toilet!!
ohmy.gif
That is not the kind of "view" they are named for!
cool.gif

Just don't make the beginners mistake of mooning the train while its still in the station. :lol:
While on the EB from Portland to Spokane several years ago, a group of youngsters did just that. In that case none of the group could have been over 10 years of age and the station in question was in Wishram, pop. 200 if that. With a town that small, kids have to do SOMETHING for excitement. :lol:

Just don't make the beginners mistake of mooning the train while its still in the station. :lol:
While on the EB from Portland to Spokane several years ago, a group of youngsters did just that. In that case none of the group could have been over 10 years of age and the station in question was in Wishram, pop. 200 if that. With a town that small, kids have to do SOMETHING for excitement. :lol:
As we were pulling into ABQ a few years back on the SWC (still in the residential area before getting to the station), a young lady in her back yard by a pool saw the train and began to take off her top. I was in the SSL, and as it happened, I'm thinking "***...is anyone else seeing this?" So I look around, and no one else was looking. Really interesting...

I'm new here and waiting for my first Amtrak holiday. Now I know I'm hooked! I'll be constantly looking for mooners the whole time I'm on the train.

I'm vaguely remember hearing about this a year ago. I think my brain tried to eject it from memory the moment I fully internalized it.
default_mosking.gif

I'm surprised this is still going on. Back in its heyday there would be huge crowds with BBQs and motorhomes all up and down Camino Capistrano north of the Mugs Away Saloon. I haven't seen that in about 15 years now. I won't be around to to see what happens on the 14th because I'll be on board the Southwest Chief going to Chicago that day.

Back