Another Food Option at LA Union Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Metro building (on the east side of the tracks) also has a cafeteria on the third floor, in the public area, no sign in required. It used to be one of the better cafeterias in the area but over the years has steadily declined. They went out for RFP a few months ago and will start over with a new vendor sometime next year.

Eh, go to Philippes. It's the only reason to be in LA anyway.
At least there's a reason to be in LA.
New Jersey just fills the space between Pennsylvania and New York.
I wouldnt give it such a high billing. It fills the space with petroleum exhaust and landfill fumes. You think just because I live somewhere I like it?

I used to live in Reading. Now that is a nice place.

On my way home today from GF’s in SLO to The Diego, thought I’d start my layover with a taste of what they offer. After checking three (or four) serial sets of dual locked doors, I chose to leave the final set unchecked. Why not? The FIRST set of locked doors was right next to the “open to the public” sign. After a five minute walk, the lamb dip was awesome!

—Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

On my way home today from GF’s in SLO to The Diego, thought I’d start my layover with a taste of what they offer. After checking three (or four) serial sets of dual locked doors, I chose to leave the final set unchecked. Why not? The FIRST set of locked doors was right next to the “open to the public” sign. After a five minute walk, the lamb dip was awesome!

—Bill

You have to go in the main entrance right past the series of doors. Straight across the courtyard! Behind the guy in the red jacket in photo #2.

Last edited by a moderator:

—Bill

You have to go in the main entrance right past the series of doors. Straight across the courtyard!
Yep. That became apparent. That became apparent right about the same microsecond I realized I don’t “have to go” anywhere.

Thanks for your update as tomorrow, one of us AU’ers will have a nice lunch there.

—Bill

Eh, go to Philippes. It's the only reason to be in LA anyway.
At least there's a reason to be in LA.
New Jersey just fills the space between Pennsylvania and New York.
I wouldnt give it such a high billing. It fills the space with petroleum exhaust and landfill fumes. You think just because I live somewhere I like it?

I used to live in Reading. Now that is a nice place.
At least you know what you're made of....

—Bill

You have to go in the main entrance right past the series of doors. Straight across the courtyard!
Yep. That became apparent. That became apparent right about the same microsecond I realized I don’t “have to go” anywhere.

Thanks for your update as tomorrow, one of us AU’ers will have a nice lunch there.

—Bill

My breakfast was good, will like to hear about your lunch.

Back