Another Superliner released by BG

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
According to my Amtrak sources the 34035 which was involved in the Rimlon accident has been released from BG. The car appeared on today's P001-15 and is headed to LAX.

10/99 - Train #1 in Calif, so somewhere in the desert/Imperial valley

It couldnt have been a big wreck because I never remember hearing about that one. But its good that Superliners are being released at a pretty steady pace!

battalion51 said:
According to my Amtrak sources the 34035 which was involved in the Rimlon accident has been released from BG. The car appeared on today's P001-15 and is headed to LAX.
I believe it was a derailment due to an earthquake back in October 1999. I could be wrong however, but I do remember something like this happening around that time of year.

I remember October 1999 earthquake while I was in CA for vacation. I'm a veteran of CA earthquakes.

I do know that Southwest Chief was derailed due to crooked track as a result of earthquake. Gladly, nobody got hurt and they were stranded in middle of nowhere. They had to bulldozed from highway to track for the passengers to be bussed.

P40Power, on October 22, 1999, Amtrak train No. 1, Sunset Limited,

derailed 14 cars at the Rimlon East Switch (near Cathedral City, Calif.).

All cars remained upright but there were injuries to three passengers and one employee.

The derailment was caused by a broken rail 36 feet east of point of derailment.

Oh alright thanks for the info about that wreck :D . I also remember the Southwest Chief being derailed from the earthquake in the same area around the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back