Any penalty or fee to change from roomette to bedroom?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaliforniaMom

Service Attendant
Am planning to travel from EMY to WAS this summer on the CZ/CL.

I have enough points now to book a roomette, but will hopefully accumulate a total of 60K in the next few months.

Question: If I use my AGR points to book the roomette now, is there any charge or fee for me to change to a bedroom once I get to 60K?

Thanks.

Nope! You can cancel your roomette reservation and then the points are immediately available for use in redeeming a bedroom.

Just make sure that there is a bedroom available before you cancel your roomette reservation - if there is only one, there's a small (theoretical, I've never heard of it happening) chance of someone else booking it in the time it takes for you to cancel and rebook.

:hi:

That's what we're here for!

Just 1 small clarification - As long as you cancel before departure time, there is no penalty. And of course you can not use AGR points to upgrade once onboard.
Thanks again. I called AGR this morning to book a roomette from EMY to WAS (taking the CZ, then CL). I should have enough points in about a month to switch to a bedroom, but I was nervous that they might be out of bedrooms by the time I accumulated enough points, so booked the roomette just to have something for our trip.

Now I have to work on getting more points - I plan to purchase 10K but still need to get another 9K first. More shopping to do! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back