any suggestions on how to use $317 eVoucher for one-day trip?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 4 eVouchers that add up to $317 and they'll expire next month, and I don't have any use for them. One suggestion my dad came up is he and mom could go to Boston (NWK to BOS), get some lobster, and then come back that night--which seems a bit much for just lobster, but we don't have other ideas. I suggested going to New Haven on business, but unless there's good lobster near the train station my dad isn't keen on it.

If you have any ideas, ideally getting some good food near the train station, fire away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you just book a ticket for someone else who is traveling next month at a deep discount? They pay you $200 and you book a ticket in their name worth $300.

You can post on Craiglist, ebay, or maybe someone here would be interested. It's perfectly legal, they save some cash and you recover some of the money.

You'd just have to stand in line at the station and then email them the confirmation number.

I have 4 eVouchers that add up to $317 and they'll expire next month, and I don't have any use for them.
As said in another thread, they do not need to be USED by the expiration date, they only need to be REDEEMED by the expiration date. You can book 11 months in advance, so you could use them now to book a trip for next summer! And if you, or whoever you book the trip for, has any vacation time, it could be longer than a 1 day trip! Even if you or they work, chances are you get 2 days off a week (most likely in a row)! You may even get a 3 day weekend! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure your parents would love to see you for the holidays...book now before the trains sell out!

It's also possible to roll the vouchers over -- at least it was last time I checked. If you really don't want to make up your mind, you can go into the station and have all four vouchers rolled over into a new voucher which will last for another year.

Go to PVD for a fun day trip!

The train station is downtown, and you can walk around. There are lots of cute shops on Westminster Street. There is fabulous seafood at Hemenways which is a quick walk from the train station. I can make plenty of other recommendations if that is of interest.

The New Haven train station is also right near the waterfront. I am not too familiar with New Haven but that could also be a lovely day trip. You could go for a sail on the Schooner Quinnipiac and there must be some good seafood near the station.

You could also do something like take the the regional to Mystic CT as that is an adorable little seaside town, and I am sure there is somewhere for good lobster close to the station since lobster seems to be a keen interest of your father. Mystic CT woudl be a much shorter ride from NWK than all the way up to Boston - and much cuter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back