Any web sites, mags. or books

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amatuer

Train Attendant
so that I can view the profiles, specs. etc. of amtraks passenger fleet and engines? Thanx

Well you can find Amtrak's roster over at OTOL, which lists all active cars, engines, and their numbers. That page can be found here.

I don't think that I've ever seen specs on the electric engines online, but you can find specs for the P42, P40, P32 AC/DM here.

I'm sure that others can provide links to pictures for you. :)

great site alan, thanks. how about the passenger stock side, front , rear profiles?

AlanB said:
Well you can find Amtrak's roster over at OTOL, which lists all active cars, engines, and their numbers.  That page can be found here.
I don't think that I've ever seen specs on the electric engines online, but you can find specs for the P42, P40, P32 AC/DM here.

I'm sure that others can provide links to pictures for you.   :)
interesting, i hadn't had seen that site before about the specs of their locomotives.

the sites i typically go to on occasion to look at pics of Amtrak's passenger cars, and pics of both old and new locomotives are these sites:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoList.aspx?id=AMTK i like this site a lot, and you can choose to see Amtrak pics through other search categories too, though they're usually mixed with some freight train pics(not sure if you mind that or not) if you look under a category other than passenger railroads)

http://www.trainweb.org/amtrakpix/index.html this one is more a guide to Amtrak's different paint schemes, but it has current pics of a vast majority of Amtrak's current cars and locomotives they run on all their routes today.

there's a 3rd site too that's just as good(and has older pics), but i'm forgetting the URL of the site as of this moment, so i apologize. but enjoy!

Geoff Sarbutt maintains great rosters that can be found here. I would also recommend a subscription to Trains, always great articles on Trains past, present, and future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back