Any word yet on Adironrack's dome this year?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domefoamer

Train Attendant
We're planning to ride up to Montreal on the Adirondack. Would the second week of October be early (or late) enough for good fall color? And, more pertinently, has anybody caught wind of when & if the Great Dome will be added this season?

My screen name is an indication of my priorities here.

* * * Amtrak is adventure travel for the non-athletic. * * *

There really is no way to predict when the fall colors will be at their peak on that run. Generally the second week of October is probably getting late for the northern end of the run, but odds are good that the southern end of the run would still be in good shape. Of course the dome doesn't run south of Albany.

As for whether or not the dome will run, an educated guess says that they will do it again, but so far nothing has been announced and it's too early for such an announcement. Just keep in mind when you book that typically the Dome takes Wednesday's off; goes north on Thursday's, Saturday's, and Monday's; and comes south on Friday's, Sunday's, and Tuesday's.

As for the second week in general, you're supposed to be in St. Louis for the IV Annual AU Gathering. :(

Just kidding of course, no one has to attend one. :)

As for the second week in general, you're supposed to be in St. Louis for the IV Annual AU Gathering. :(

Just kidding of course, no one has to attend one. :)
How about if we do BOTH?
laugh.gif
I just may!
tongue.gif

Last two years the annoucement came in September.

The only remaining dome car in Amtrak service, car number 10031, is a Great Dome car previously used on the Chicago-Seattle Empire Builder when the train was operated by the Great Northern Railway and the Chicago Burlington & Quincy Railroad (later the Burlington Northern Railroad).

amtrak link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back