Anyone been on the SB CONO from CHI lately?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Preferably in the last month or so.

I was just looking at the menus and saw that the SB menu isn't an abbreviated one.

Are they actually serving this menu or does it depend on the whims of the staff?

Because I'd like more choices than the roasted chicken or vegetarian pasta which is what we were offered in Jan.

TIA

It was abbreviated, last time I was on, in July. I think there was chicken and pasta as you said, but also the cheeseburger. With the late departure, I'd skip it entirely, and get a decent dinner in Chicago before leaving, if it were me. We arrived on the TE into Chicago, and did Giordanos for lunch, so the burger later on was good enough for me. Wife had a salad if I remember correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was abbreviated, last time I was on, in July. I think there was chicken and pasta as you said, but also the cheeseburger. With the late departure, I'd skip it entirely, and get a decent dinner in Chicago before leaving, if it were me. We arrived on the TE into Chicago, and did Giordanos for lunch, so the burger later on was good enough for me. Wife had a salad if I remember correctly.
I agree about eating in the city but I have the husband with me this time and he rarely takes the train.

He wants to eat on the train and get the whole experience. We'll see what happens.

We rode in early August and it was the abbreviated menu at that time. Chicken, pasta, or burger. However, they did serve dessert. Good Luck, I wish they would offer more choices, but it was okay. Just don't get your heart set on a steak!

We rode in early August and it was the abbreviated menu at that time. Chicken, pasta, or burger. However, they did serve dessert. Good Luck, I wish they would offer more choices, but it was okay. Just don't get your heart set on a steak!
I just told him it will be the same as January. Hoping we have a full menu NB, looks like some of the 'chef inspired' entrees are on it.

Thanks, guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back