Anyone know what happened to Silvers on 5/31 South of KIS?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An extra hour, perhaps. An extra 6 hours, 10 hours, 20 hours . . . . Eh, not as much :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, sure, I was waiting at Tampa for the 91 south from NYS to Miami. it was supposed to leave Tampa at 12:45. We kept on getting late notices. At 3:30 I was told that the train was still somewhere beyond Kissimee and waiting for a maintenance crew to come and take a freight train off the track. After that it would take the train another two hours to get to Tampa. I asked for a refund, rented a car and drove to West Palm. There were more than a hundred people on the platform waiting for this train. Many were small children. No stores or snack bar, just a vending machine. Felt so sorry for the parents of the little ones. Amtrak should have been more forthcoming and told us in the beginning what the problem was. Sorry Amtrak, you also left an hour late when I left West Palm on Thursday Afternoon, I will not be using your service again.

I will be riding the Auto Train 4 times in the next two months (part of my move to FL to move things that are otherwise hard to move). So do I get to claim at least part of it for the time being? :p

Hopefully you won't starve to death if you get a Late setting and they've eliminated everything on the menu except P& J Sandwiches served with a Small Bottled Water and a dill pickle spear!

Since you are making so many trips during your move I'm curious if any of the NE or Florida AUers will attempt to talk you into letting them deadhead with you since I'd venture you're using AGR Points for your trips! LOL

I will be riding the Auto Train 4 times in the next two months (part of my move to FL to move things that are otherwise hard to move). So do I get to claim at least part of it for the time being? :p
I will sublet it to you. :giggle: And provide wine and cheese if we happen to be on the same trip. :)

Penny, The Silver Star and the Silver Meteor are mine too!!

Perhaps we can be Co-Owners!!t
Sorry, you and Penny can fight over the Meteor, but the Star is mine because Tampa, and I'm a lot older than both of you, and I have better insurance.

Not to brag, but I also own the auto train, and CL, don'cha know.
I will be going to South Florida this coming week and will be riding the Star one way and the Meteor the other way...... so they will be "mine" for some time during the week. :lol: I will wave when I travel through Tampa.
Wish I lived close enough to the tracks to wave back! I do live very close to the only track used in Pinellas County, but all I get to see and hear are Freight trains.

Hopefully you won't starve to death if you get a Late setting and they've eliminated everything on the menu except P& J Sandwiches served with a Small Bottled Water and a dill pickle spear!

Since you are making so many trips during your move I'm curious if any of the NE or Florida AUers will attempt to talk you into letting them deadhead with you since I'd venture you're using AGR Points for your trips! LOL
Nah, I am a seasoned traveler who earned my badges on Indian Railways. I always carry emergency supplies, just in case. Afterall trains are trains and weird things happen.

None of these trips are using points, they are paid for in real money. Heck after all this I will be well on my way to Select Executive probably.

I am on 91 right now and it is MINE, at least for the next few hours. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back