Are the New Trainsets (Acela, NE Regional, Roomettes) still on track for an October 2021 Launch?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Words cannot express how excited I am to be rid of the current trainsets dating from the late 80's/early 90's, especially the roomettes, which I do utilize. Acela sets are also 20 years old. The new ones look incredible and awesome online and in person IMHO. Rodd

Acela 21s are delayed to 2022. New NE Regional train sets have not been ordered yet, so they are at least three or four years away.

The Viewliner IIs are mostly delivered, still a few remaining to be delivered. The old Viewliners and the Superliners will start getting a mid ife refresh/refurbishment imminently.

Words cannot express how excited I am to be rid of the current trainsets dating from the late 80's/early 90's, especially the roomettes, which I do utilize. Acela sets are also 20 years old. The new ones look incredible and awesome online and in person IMHO. Rodd
Don't expect them @ the announced time, I don't think any New Amtrak Equipment has ever gone into service @ the Original Predicted Time.

Back