Are the trains running?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

racer1735

Service Attendant
I was trying to check on the status of train 851-Hoosier State and the Amtrak website had this reply: Information Unavailable: Sorry, due to a service disruption, we are unable to provide estimated departure and arrival times. Can anyone tell me if the 'service disruption' refers to the train actually operating, or does it refer to the website being down? We did get a lot of snow in Central Indiana, especially along the route this train takes from Indianapolis to Chicago. Lafayette has drifts over 6' deep.

If you call 1800-872-7245 and ask for an agent, they could tell you.

Although that message generally indicates that there is a problem with the train, either not running or running with huge delays. It does not generally indicate a problem with the website.

Looking back at the arrival times and times enroute, I believe train 851-Hoosier State was cancelled today. The Eastbound Cardinal (50) was running several hours late by the time it got to Indianapolis, and was around eight hours late by the time it made Washington, DC. Winter hit Indiana for a change. Hopefully, things will be cleared up by the weekend so I can make a run to Chicago.

I was trying to check on the status of train 851-Hoosier State and the Amtrak website had this reply: Information Unavailable: Sorry, due to a service disruption, we are unable to provide estimated departure and arrival times. Can anyone tell me if the 'service disruption' refers to the train actually operating, or does it refer to the website being down? We did get a lot of snow in Central Indiana, especially along the route this train takes from Indianapolis to Chicago. Lafayette has drifts over 6' deep.
I got that message a few years ago when checking the status of the Cardinal's arrival into CIN, as I was going to be boarding in CIN on my way to Chicago. I called the 800 number to find out what had happened and the agent informed me that the train was running near on time and had not experienced any delays. I guess in that instance it was just a "glitch" of some sort.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Tuesday's Cardinal out of Chicago, due to arrive in WAS at 5:55 PM yesterday, arrived this morning at 6:27 AM! It just left PHL at 8:49 AM this morning, and is in the final stretch into NYP. I shudder to think of the food situation in that cafe prior to the WAS arrival this morning.

-Rafi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back