Article: Brighter Outlook for Amtrak Could Mean Service Improvements

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafi

Conductor
Baltimore, MD (primary); Culpeper, VA; Washington,
We just ran an article today on Amtrak with quotes from Alex Kummant and NARP's Ross Capon. For those who are interested:

http://www.coxwashington.com/.../AMTRAK14_COX.html

Unfortunately, the AJC didn't run my picture on the online version. Ah well. I'm in the print version, though. Page A3.

-Rafi

EDIT: Well, if you want something done right, you'd better do it yourself, I guess. Link now updated with PICTURES in the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! I read this this morning in the AJC, and when I got home my family made sure they showed it to me again. Great article. I liked the bit about the 1.3 billion they get a year now vs the 14 billion they'd get over the next 5 years. Excellent.

Which train is the picture of? Looks like a Chicago area train or something with how short it appears.

Sweet! I read this this morning in the AJC, and when I got home my family made sure they showed it to me again. Great article. I liked the bit about the 1.3 billion they get a year now vs the 14 billion they'd get over the next 5 years. Excellent.
Which train is the picture of? Looks like a Chicago area train or something with how short it appears.
It's the Cardinal headed south at Culpeper, VA, actually (my folks live in Culpeper and the Cardinal comes through at convenient times to find good pics). I'm scratching my head on why they picked that picture, although I'm not complaining. We gave them plenty of ones that I might have picked instead (Zephyr going through Rockies, etc), but I've stopped trying to figure the AJC out. ;)

Glad you liked the article.

Rafi

Rafi,

Thanks for the article, we can only hope.. I have been worried to that the financial condition of the country might interfere with the much needed expansion and new equipment.. But maybe not if the airlines keep floundering, we will need the service.

We just ran an article today on Amtrak with quotes from Alex Kummant and NARP's Ross Capon. For those who are interested:
http://www.coxwashington.com/.../AMTRAK14_COX.html

Unfortunately, the AJC didn't run my picture on the online version. Ah well. I'm in the print version, though. Page A3.

-Rafi

EDIT: Well, if you want something done right, you'd better do it yourself, I guess. Link now updated with PICTURES in the story.
I should probably be able to figure out what AJC means but cannot for some reason. Could someone enlighten me?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back