Associated Press Story About California Zephyr

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fourth photo in the slideshow appears to be a Pacific Parlor Car on the Coast Starlight, not a lounge car on the Zephyr.

"Unbdated photo provided by Amtrak..." I am sure they asked Amtrak for photos for an article about the Zephyr, and this was in the batch provided. The author of the article, who was the one that took the trip, did not take, and did not necessarily review, the photos. Another of the less-than-personal aspects of this article.

"Unbdated photo provided by Amtrak..." I am sure they asked Amtrak for photos for an article about the Zephyr, and this was in the batch provided. The author of the article, who was the one that took the trip, did not take, and did not necessarily review, the photos. Another of the less-than-personal aspects of this article.
I'd guess the author had zero involvement in the selection of photos for the article. The editor was likely sent a batch of photos by Amtrak that were purportedly

of the Zephyr, and unless the editor was highly knowledgeable about the Zephyr and the Starlight, would not have known the difference. So I'm going to pin the

blame on Amtrak for this one. Amtrak shouldn't be sending out photos that give potential passengers a false impression of what their on-board experience will

be like. A Sightseer Superliner Lounge definitely is not as cozy as the Pacific Parlour Car shown in the photo. Ah well, not the end of the world.

The fourth photo in the slideshow appears to be a Pacific Parlor Car on the Coast Starlight, not a lounge car on the Zephyr.
And photo two is taken of the westbound CZ at Tolland, CO (east of the Moffat Tunnel).

And photo three is of the westbound CZ arriving at Emeryville, not the eastbound train preparing to depart for Reno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back