Attention! Coast Starlight Disruption

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Starlight is back to full size and timekeeping is as before. The southbound train is usually ontime but one to two hours late northbound getting into Portland. At least, the ride by train through the Cascades is back, and with the long summer days, there is ample time to see and enjoy them--in either direction.

Hi. First post, so be nice, please! :)

I was on #14 last weekend (6/27-28)- first trip outside the Northeast Corridor.

We pulled into SEA after 01:30 saturday night/sunday morning.

I would put our delays into the following categories:

1.) about an hour late into the bay area- not really noticible.

2.) sitting just outside the Oakland station for over an hour before pulling into the station- very noticable! Reason given was "switching (signal?) problems in Omaha(?!?!)"

3.) No. Cal. and Oregon- behind a freight train all late a.m., early afternoon. Very slow, frequent stops.

So, that's my sample size of 1!

landspeed said:
Hi. First post, so be nice, please! :)
I was on #14 last weekend (6/27-28)- first trip outside the Northeast Corridor.

We pulled into SEA after 01:30 saturday night/sunday morning.

I would put our delays into the following categories:

1.) about an hour late into the bay area- not really noticible.

2.) sitting just outside the Oakland station for over an hour before pulling into the station- very noticable! Reason given was "switching (signal?) problems in Omaha(?!?!)"

3.) No. Cal. and Oregon- behind a freight train all late a.m., early afternoon. Very slow, frequent stops.

So, that's my sample size of 1!
Landspeed,

Welcome to our little forum. :)

And thanks for your mini trip report. Must of been kind of rough pulling in at that hour. Hope your hotel wasn't too far away from the train. You must have looked a little like this :blink: at that hour.

steve_relei said:
This week, the Starlight goes back to its abbreviated form. As before, it is a train of:a single P32

6 Superliners (coach/baggage, sightseer lounge, four coaches)

No diner or sleepers.
WOW! :blink: I live in Atlanta, Ga I used to live over in San Francisco though and I have never seen a Starlight that short before.

The Starlight is back to regular size. Timekeeping is as before: usually ontime into Portland southbound; one to two hours late (sometimes more) northbound.

Yes, the Starlight was quite late the other day. There have been some fires not too far from the mainline. I wonder how much the fires might have affected train times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back