Austin--Royal oak the adventure home

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

white rabbitt

Lead Service Attendant
well monday the 29th i packed up and got

a cab to amtrak, i was sitting in the depot

when in walks jim hudson a AU member

he was on a points run to taylor, he gave a women

some info about amtrak and AGR, i went straight

to the diner for breakfast, it was last call, jim reminded

me and wanted to make sure, i had breakfast,

jim went back to the ssl and i ate a hardy meal, our new SCA

was hischel he did not do much all the way to chicago, unlike reggie

who busted his butt off, lynette was the server in the diner, she tryed hard to please'

we arrived in chicago ontime and the redcap took me to the metro lounge

where i showed them my ticket, and hung out till they called out the wolverine

we left chicago at 6pm got back home by 120 am, over all a great trip, no faults

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend who works for AMTK on the LSL, he was always talking about the hash-I have never seen it offered before either, so that's cool it was on the Texas Eagle. Hash is one of my favorte breakfasts, and has to be better than that "bacon" they offer. For better or worse, the Eagle is my normal train, so new options are a good thing. (not that I get to go ALL that often, just a few times a year, but still, a little change is a good thing!)

How was the meatloaf, it doesn't look bad actually. I have a business trip in a week and a few days, that I'm taking my son on with me this time since he's out of school, and it works into my work schedule. We're taking the Eagle up, doing some travel around MI, including a trip across the lake on the SS Badger, then driving home a Company Vehicle needing repositioning-will be nice to try something a bit different.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's that crazy mud cake pie thing I talked about in my trip report from the SWC. It took three of us to eat half of it because it was so rich. Delicious, but really, really rich.

The fourth person at our table didn't want any at the time, so we told her to take the leftovers for a midnight snack. She was so excited. ;)

I have a friend who works for AMTK on the LSL, he was always talking about the hash-I have never seen it offered before either, so that's cool it was on the Texas Eagle. Hash is one of my favorte breakfasts, and has to be better than that "bacon" they offer. For better or worse, the Eagle is my normal train, so new options are a good thing. (not that I get to go ALL that often, just a few times a year, but still, a little change is a good thing!)
How was the meatloaf, it doesn't look bad actually. I have a business trip in a week and a few days, that I'm taking my son on with me this time since he's out of school, and it works into my work schedule. We're taking the Eagle up, doing some travel around MI, including a trip across the lake on the SS Badger, then driving home a Company Vehicle needing repositioning-will be nice to try something a bit different.
I'd have to say that the "Meatloaf" is the single Worst Entree I've had on Amtrak with possibly the Exception of the So Called Shrimp Scampi!! YMMV but there are Better Choices on the Menu! Totally agree about the Mud /Cake Pie, it's so Rich and Huge that Three People can share it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back