Auto train Reservation number

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MDRailfan

There used to be a seperate reservation number for the Auto Train, something like 800 SKIP I95 or 800 ISKIP95. Does anyone know if it is no longer available? I called Amtrak regular rez and agent did not know what I was talking about.

They still have that special number, it's 1-877-SKIP-I95.
Thanks Alan, I forgot 877 not 800.

I remembered what you told me regarding the strike but just for a sanity check(travelling only approx 4 days after the approx tallies date, another person on your forum mentioned would come in around) wanted to call and get the agents opinion even though one person does not mean anything. Said the same as you, not to worry.

I just love taking the AT even if I95 had no traffic.

They still have that special number, it's 1-877-SKIP-I95.
Thanks Alan, I forgot 877 not 800.

I remembered what you told me regarding the strike but just for a sanity check(travelling only approx 4 days after the approx tallies date, another person on your forum mentioned would come in around) wanted to call and get the agents opinion even though one person does not mean anything. Said the same as you, not to worry.

I just love taking the AT even if I95 had no traffic.
No problem, it was very handy, since I'm currently helping Don Weinstein update his Auto Train Hints & Tips on OTOL. He's doing the rewrite, but I'm doing the HTML & web work. I'm currently in the process of inserting pictures of the new auto carriers. The new page should be up for all to see in the next couple of days.

As for the strike, there is a chance that Auto Train wouldn't be affected anyhow, since they operate under different contracts from the rest of Amtrak.

Unfortunately Alan that's incorrect. The OBS operates under a different contract from the rest of the system, but the Trainmen are still members of the UTU, and the Engineers part of BLET.

Unfortunately Alan that's incorrect. The OBS operates under a different contract from the rest of the system, but the Trainmen are still members of the UTU, and the Engineers part of BLET.
Except for the fact that neither the BLET or the UTU were threatening to strike, nor were they part of the large group of unions that got an offer from Amtrak and are not voting on same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back