Auto Train-Why so late

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

I took the Auto Train a couple weeks ago, it had been a few years since I took it. In the past it was always on time and even early some time.

The day I took 52 we ended up being 5.5hours late, and on the return we were 1.5 hours late. What gives ? :unsure:

I friend left yesterday on 52 and they are now running 9 hours late, they did not leave SFA until 11PM last night.

What was the problem with leaving 7hrs late ?

Rebecca

Many times it's a cascading effect. One train gets late, and since the equipment is on a same day turn around it effects the next train, and the train after that, etc. The fastest an Auto Train can be turned around is six hours. So if they come in at 1:00 they'll be out at 7:00 3 hours late from the gate. Add-in slow orders, meets and heat orders you're looking at 5:00 late by the time it's all said and done with.

battalion51 said:
Add-in slow orders, meets and heat orders you're looking at 5:00 late by the time it's all said and done with.
And Rebecca, this is sometimes only the beginning of it all! OBS...

CSX is melting down, completely screwing Amtrak. Trust me, it's NOT Amtrak!!!!!!!!!!!

CSX is just killing Amtrak in the SE.

Back