Auto Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

National Limited

Service Attendant
I'm going to be in Savannah for a conference in a few days. I always like to try to spot a train or two while I'm there. I would like to try to watch the Auto Train go through. Does anyone know when the Auto Train could be expected to go through Savannah?

As a guess I would say northbound somewhere between 8:30 pm and 9:15 pm, and southbound somewhere around 3:00 am- 4:00 am. That's based on about 5 hours' run time (not counting their service stop at JAX, which AutoTrain doesn't do) for Silver Service trains between Sanford (well, WPK minus 15 - 20 minutes) and SAV.

When I was spotting in Folkston, GA, AutoTrain 52 passed through at 7:30 on the dot, and I am pretty sure that it was running on time. I'd say about 8:45-9:25 PM to see it in Savannah assuming that it is running on schedule.

The above posts are correct. An "on-time" northbound Auto-Train passes JAX Amtrak at almost exactly 7:00pm......Folkston at about 7:30. Since the actual running time from JAX to SAV is about 2 hours 15 minutes, a viewing window of 9:00 to 9:45 should be adequate, depending where(or near) Savannah you'll be!

Also, the northbound Silver Star, #92...will be a half-hour or less behind, if again, they're on time!!

Happy trainspotting!!

From the "Florida Funnel"

Foodman53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back