Autumn Express Survey

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmtrakBlue

Engineer
Gathering Team Member
I just filled out the survey. I found it interesting. Anyone else fill it out yet?

I just filled it out while I am waiting in the CA in WAS for 97. I thought it was a good survey. There was either one typo or my brain is just a bit confused.

I didn't notice any typos, and I think I'm usually good at catching them, but I'm sure I could have missed it.

watching football while I wait for my train home... will fill it out tomorrow.

Removed link to survey because my hypothesis was wrong. Thanks SubwayNut for letting me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't on the trip and was curious tried used the link, when you click I didn't ride Amtrak's Autumn Express it simply sends you out of th survey!

Wasn't on the trip and was curious tried used the link, when you click I didn't ride Amtrak's Autumn Express it simply sends you out of th survey!
And rightly so. That is why I did not include the link in my previous postings about it. A survey is not serving its intended purpose if its intended target (those that actually participated in the subject) results may be skewed by non-participants answer's. While I can understand non-participant's curiousity about the survey (I would be one of those, too, in all candor), it could very well defeat the real results.

There are other ways to communicate opinion's to Amtrak from non-participants......

I took the trip on Saturday and filled it out while waiting for my train back to NJ. I was actually commenting to my girlfriend, who came on the trip with me, that the survey was actually decent. I didn't feel like I wanted to stop half way through answering 500 boring "on a scale of 1 to 10" question.

Did they survey ask by chance how you got to/from Philly? I wonder how much of a bump "regular train" ridership got from the ~1600 people taking the excursion and if Amtrak took that into account (and would take that into account in future years, giving preference to scheduling these trips where it's easy to take Amtrak to/from the origin).

Did they survey ask by chance how you got to/from Philly? I wonder how much of a bump "regular train" ridership got from the ~1600 people taking the excursion and if Amtrak took that into account (and would take that into account in future years, giving preference to scheduling these trips where it's easy to take Amtrak to/from the origin).
That would be a great question to ask, but it wasn't on the survey

That would be a great question to ask, but it wasn't on the survey
Interestingly, precisely those questions are there in every post-trip experience survey I have gotten from Amtrak. I suspect they were not trying to establish connectedness of the trips beyond what might have been obvious from the reservations. For example I used a multi-segment reservation, one of which was this trip. I suspect not too many people did that though. Alas there was no discount for my troubles :p

I've misplaced the slip of paper they gave us with the survey URL. D'oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back