Bad day north(east) of NY (two fatalities)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching a BBC passenger rail series recently and according to one of the episodes the UK government had determined that approximately 80% of train related pedestrian fatalities were related to suicide. I doubt national US tracking and reporting reaches UK standards but it might be interesting to find out.

Can we change the title to "EAST" of New York? NORTH of New York would mean service on the Empire Corridor is disrupted.

Title changed to "north(east)". It is confusing, since northbound trains between NYP and RI actually go (basically) east - but you still go north from WAS to BOS.
I think railroaders would argue that trains do not go north or south, just east or west. But, if you told me something happened east of NYC, I'd be wondering about tracks on/under the ocean. :p

Title changed to "north(east)". It is confusing, since northbound trains between NYP and RI actually go (basically) east - but you still go north from WAS to BOS.
Appreciate it. Wasn't really thinking of the real logistics. Woke up a wee bit early for 190 (around 11pm), and it was obviously a longer day than expected, so I am tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back