Baggage on the Wolverine?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh M

Train Attendant
Has Amtrak added, or are they considering adding, checked baggage to the Wolverine? I have been consistently seeing one of the new Viewliner baggage cars on 355 over the last few weeks when I drive by the Pontiac station on my way home from work. It seems odd that they would be constantly pulling the car back and forth between Chicago and Pontiac if they aren't using it, doesn't it?

The axle count requirement is for the CN to Carbondale. The OP mentioned # 355 which is on the line to Detroit. I don't think there's an axle count requirement on it, is there?

Very well could be. The Wolverine does operate on CN in two sections: at BTL, and east of DET.

I know the Blue Water has an axle count restriction in the past, but dont specifically remember if it applied to the Wolverine trains or not.

Considering that Amtrak has been slashing station agents left and right, it's hard to see them adding baggage service to a line that doesn't currently offer it. I suppose if the state of Michigan wanted it, though, it could happen.

Back