Been here a while...figured I should id myself

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savoirfaire

Train Attendant
Well, I've been lurking and posting around here for a while, so I figured it was a about time I introduced myself. My name is Jerry, and I am a more recent convert to the rails. I remember fondly my first trip on the train. It was a family outing from Ann Arbor, MI to Springfield, IL in the fall of 1984. A nice trip, for sure, and I remember watching the scenery roll by, including being vaccinated by seeing Comiskey Park (or at least what I remember was Comiskey) as we rolled into CUS. Unfortunately, and probably due to my mother working for the airlines not too long after that, I didn't get another trip on AMTRAK (I had rode plenty of public transport, and one set in Europe) until Nov. 2008 and immediately fell in love. Its almost an obsession. :)

Now, I live close enough to the NEC and a CSX line to hear the whistle at night, and I love going over by my favorite restaurant and watching trains on the NEC whizz by. I aim to experience as many trains as possible and enjoy it to the fullest.

Me in a nutshell

-Sav

BTW -- the login comes from the old "Klondike Cat" cartoons. Savoirfaire is everywhere! :lol:

Back