Boarding at an unstaffed station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZiaReba

Train Attendant
I will be boarding in Lamy, New Mexico tomorrow. This station recently became unstaffed. How do I know where to be on the platform to find the sleeper car? Should I wear my running shoes?!

You didn't indicate whether you were riding #3 or #4, but the Chief has the Sleepers on the front ( engine part of the consist) behind the Bag Car and Transdorm.

Your attendant should be waiting for you @ the door, so EZ-PZ!

Stand in the middle of the platform. You'll be no more than a couple of cars away from the sleepers. The conductors will direct you. The train will be in the station for a couple of minutes, at least. You'll be fine.

Enjoy!

Sleepers are at the front, so just go to the west end of the platform.

EDIT: Whoops. Guess I'm a bit late.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does that reply help her (on 8/3) when she was boarding on 7/26?
default_huh.png

That I don't know. Im also not sure if the viewliner diners even have a microwave.
As the_traveler has iterated many times, Amtrak doesn't microwave anything. They use convection ovens or a proper oven, but never a microwave.
Well since this is a new menu item within a new type of service I didn't want to make any claims.

I know you were referring to the diner but "Amtrak doesn't microwave anything" is not true, they do use microwaves in the cafe car.
Maybe I should have clarified that I was referring to diners, but since you just admitted that's the case, why are you bothering to correct me?
You know? You really ought to grow a thicker skin.
default_smile.png
Are you going to weep and moan each time someone picks on a detail in your postings?
default_tongue.png

No. He’s thanking TR7 for the link he provided in this post.

It depends. There are many variables. Does it loop/wye or do they run around the equipment? Where is the facility? Is it close the station or is the station in the facility and the train is serviced on the platform? To save a lot of time, I'm just going to link my response to a similar question on another board. Despite the age of this post, the details are mostly the same.
I know that you just got home and have the burning desire to make up for your time off by posting in every single conversation we’ve had in your absence, but maybe slow down and read before you run around correcting people.

In the thread where you dispense advice about Superliners, and ask what train they’re taking, you should go back and look at the title of the thread.

default_huh.png
Easy guys...you don't want him to "leave AU" again....
default_wink.png

That I don't know. Im also not sure if the viewliner diners even have a microwave.
As the_traveler has iterated many times, Amtrak doesn't microwave anything. They use convection ovens or a proper oven, but never a microwave.
Well since this is a new menu item within a new type of service I didn't want to make any claims.

I know you were referring to the diner but "Amtrak doesn't microwave anything" is not true, they do use microwaves in the cafe car.
Maybe I should have clarified that I was referring to diners, but since you just admitted that's the case, why are you bothering to correct me?
You know? You really ought to grow a thicker skin.
default_smile.png
Are you going to weep and moan each time someone picks on a detail in your postings?
default_tongue.png

No. He’s thanking TR7 for the link he provided in this post.

It depends. There are many variables. Does it loop/wye or do they run around the equipment? Where is the facility? Is it close the station or is the station in the facility and the train is serviced on the platform? To save a lot of time, I'm just going to link my response to a similar question on another board. Despite the age of this post, the details are mostly the same.
I know that you just got home and have the burning desire to make up for your time off by posting in every single conversation we’ve had in your absence, but maybe slow down and read before you run around correcting people.

In the thread where you dispense advice about Superliners, and ask what train they’re taking, you should go back and look at the title of the thread.

default_huh.png
Easy guys...you don't want him to "leave AU" again....
default_wink.png
Hey, I didn't take offense from any of those. They're all valid points.
default_smile.png

Apparently East Lansing, MI is the next cut. Seems like there's been a high concentration of Michigan state-supported station cuts - the state must be making budget cuts to the service - I'm assuming the states pay for staffed stations on a state-supported corridor?

Back