Boarding Missouri River Runner in Independence,MO

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxjim

Service Attendant
I will be boarding in Independence next week at 8:34am and wondering if directions are clear as to where I should be positioned to board business class heading east toward Jefferson City.

I know the station is unmanned, and because I'm carrying a suitcase, I'd like to be reasonably close to my car.

Thanks in advance!

Jim

The Biz Class/ Cafe Car on the River Runners (with the nice faus leather 2x1 Metroliner Seats) is usually located right behind the engine in the consist! (These trains have captive equipment so only run between STL and KCY, there used to be a run through train CHI-KCY but no longer!)

But occasionally it will be the last car on the train! Since there usually are only 2 Horizon Coaches in the consist, shouldn't be a problem.

Since Independence is unstaffed, perhaps you can call Amtrak @ Union Station in KCY and ask where the car is located in the consist before it leaves KCY??( there are two KCY-STL trains a day, #314 @ 815am and #316 @ 4pm.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back