Bonus Points for Select Status

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
AU Supporting Member
A welcome e-mail from AGR today informed me that I was receiving 1,500 Bonus points in my account :cool: ( I had to register on the link provided)for achieving Select Status for 2011! :D (unfortunately my budget will prevent Select+ Status) Wonder what Select+ members received if anything? Also a fellow member notified me that they received an e-mail telling that from 7/06 (today)until 9/04 they would receive double points for all travel to help them reach Select Status! :) Did anyone else get this, I would think it was targeted??(I tried to register for it too,as the _traveler says every point counts, but it wouldnt let me!) :(

Last edited by a moderator:
A welcome e-mail from AGR today informed me that I was receiving 1,500 Bonus points in my account :cool: ( I had to register on the link provided)for achieving Select Status for 2011! :D (unfortunately my budget will prevent Select+ Status) Wonder what Select+ members received if anything? Also a fellow member notified me that they received an e-mail telling that from 7/06 (today)until 9/04 they would receive double points for all travel to help them reach Select Status! :) Did anyone else get this, I would think it was targeted??(I tried to register for it too,as the _traveler says every point counts, but it wouldnt let me!) :(
Jim, I received an e-mail saying that I had received a 3,000 point bonus as Select + for 2011.

Code not valid for me DANG IT!!
help.gif

I am Select, but have not reached it for 2011 yet. I did not receive a bonus, but did get an email offering me a promotion where I would get double points until Sept. 4 that would count towards my 2011 status. I signed up for that promotion (probably the same promo that ALC received). I had already signed up for the summer triple point promotion. :D

I also just got the bonus offer of 3,000 extra points for making S+ status for 2011!! A very nice treat from AGR -- THANK YOU!! The 2 previous years I have also made S+ status half-way through the year and they never offered a 3,000 bonus. In previous years, as a perk for early S+ status, AGR would send an extra set of coupons (4 upgrades to business class on trains or to FC on Acela) and 2 companion coupons. Since I dont really have any major travel plans with a companion in coach this year --- AND --- because I am not planning any Acela rides before February 2011, I am happy to get the 3,000 bonus points instead of the extra set of coupons this year!!!

I travel a lot from Milwaukee Airport (near where I live) to Glenview (where the folks live) making S+ status this early. PLUS, I also do a lot of day trips to Lincoln, IL and Galesburg, IL on my days off (probably atleast 2x a month) as my form of relaxation. :) I also did a great cross country trip this spring (BOS-WAS-NYP-NOL-LAX-SEA) that helped my status.

I'm Select, got an offer for 1,500, but didn't get an offer for add'l points to be used towards PLUS status.

Though, *keeping fingers crossed*, it looks like I may actually make it, what with a Cardinal trip, Silver trip, & Texas Eagle / Cap trip coming up in the next few mos......

I registered for the bonus promo but the 3,000 points have yet to post.

They posted for me at Midnight the night after signing up for the promotion -- check back in the AM!

They posted for me at Midnight the night after signing up for the promotion -- check back in the AM!
Bonus still not posted.

I received the e-mail also (Select, 1,500 Bonus Points)three days ago but still they havent posted! :eek:

I got the one that gives me a 50% bonus on all points earned on Amtrak® travel that counts toward status.

I have already made Select status for 2011, and am currently at Select+

IF I did have some nice trips planned, I wonder if I could get S+ next year if these double points continued after 5,000 points..

Back