Booking CS to EB irregularities?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

penfrydd

Service Attendant
When trying to book CS to EB in late July, for a single one-way trip, a warning pops up that it can't be done. Why doesn't it offer me the EB for the next day, rather than nothing?

Yet if I book it on multi-city, it goes through fine.

I realize this is not likely a doable connection, but am curious as to how their website operates. I've already changed my actual travel plans to include an overnight in Portland.

Great site, by the way. One more day of work until retirement. Trip scheduled for July.

It doesn't offer the next day train because you would be responsible for an overnight in Portland.

And congratulations on your (impending as of now) retirement!

It doesn't offer the next day train because you would be responsible for an overnight in Portland.
Sorry, but this begs the question. It sounds like you have been around Amtrak too long. I think a better answer would be the usual one: it's a limitation of the reservation system.

I know for a fact that the Deutsche Bahn website will display connections that require an overnight if one is required based on the departure time of day you enter. It will flag it with an extended layover message.

It is my understanding that multiple city connections are not guaranteed. Hopefully, this wouldn't be a problem here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back