Boy Scout Trip to Philmont on SWC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ALL Amtrak Operations( Ticketing,Food and Beverage Service) are operating with a "NO CASH POLICY". Cards only.
My Surfliner trip a few weeks ago allowed cash, they announced it on the PA that they were back to accepting cash.

My first long-distance train trip occurred in 1960 when I traveled with a Scout group from Ohio to Colorado Springs to attend the National Boy Scout Jamboree which was held there that year. I was 14 at the time and I credit that experience with making me a life-long train fan and someone who prefers to travel by rail whenever possible. Perhaps that will be the case with the Scouts who travel on Amtrak to get to Philmont.

Thanks again everyone for the answers! This is a great forum.

One last (I think?) question: Is there Wifi on the SWC? It doesn't look like it.

The only WiFi on Superliners are provided by hot spots from cellular signals from phones and only in a couple sleeping cars but not all. So the answer is no since those cell phone signals are no better nor reliable than the Iphone or Android phone service you get especially if more than one or two people try to tie in to the hot spot.

Last edited:
Back