Breakfast on Capitol Limited?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith1951

Service Attendant
Will they serve breakfast on the Cap Ltd. when this train is scheduled to roll into Chicago at 9am?

Will they serve breakfast on the Cap Ltd. when this train is scheduled to roll into Chicago at 9am?
If you are in Sleeper you will be served breakfast starting at 6:30am AFAIR. You can have it in the Diner or have it delivered to your room.

That's 9 AM Central Time. Which is 10 AM Eastern time. The train operates in Eastern time until a bit west of South Bend. The 6:30 AM breakfast start time is thus 5:30 AM Central time. There's plenty of time to eat breakfast before the train gets to South Bend. I'm not sure when last call is for breakfast service, but I think it's a little before South Bend. And, of course, a lot of times, the train is running late, anyway. :)

Yes. Although with the excreable flex dining, the last time i rode west into Chicago, i skipped it and walked down to Lou Mitchell's for an excellent breakfast on arrival.

I did the same thing on my last trip on the Capitol, right before the pandemic. Had dinner before boarding in Pittsburgh and breakfast at Lou Mitchell's in Chicago, so skipped the whole depressing flex meal scene. Instead I got to sleep in, though I was up in time to have a coffee in the sightseer lounge somewhere west of South Bend and enjoyed the view there until we reached the Illinois state line. Of course, no lounge now.

That's 9 AM Central Time. Which is 10 AM Eastern time. The train operates in Eastern time until a bit west of South Bend. The 6:30 AM breakfast start time is thus 5:30 AM Central time. There's plenty of time to eat breakfast before the train gets to South Bend. I'm not sure when last call is for breakfast service, but I think it's a little before South Bend. And, of course, a lot of times, the train is running late, anyway. :)
Last call should be Elkhart and close at SB.

Back