Breaking (good) News about the_Traveler

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennyk

Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
I just received a text from the_traveler. His cast is off and he is ready to travel. In fact, he might be coming to Florida and I will try to join him on a points run.

I just received a text from the_traveler. His cast is off and he is ready to travel. In fact, he might be coming to Florida and I will try to join him on a points run.

Well if you go to KIN first you get points like the The_Traveler and do one way together.

Aloha

Dave must be chomping at the bit for some rail action. And, to be frank, I'm feeling bitten by the same bug. I haven't been on a train since early August! -_-

Dave must be chomping at the bit for some rail action. And, to be frank, I'm feeling bitten by the same bug. I haven't been on a train since early August! -_-
Got you beat. I haven't been on a train since the Gathering in St Louis last year. But I will be this Saturday as MrsFSS and I ride to Chicago from central Illinois and back.

I'm surprised the_traveler didn't use a train to remove the cast just to save time. :giggle:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised the_traveler didn't use a train to remove the cast just to save time. :giggle:
What is more surprising is The_Traveler did not get the Acela to get to the Doctor;s office with his Penthouse Suite. I bet his doctor has said "take 2 trains and call me in the morning."

Aloha nd Mahalo for the good news!

Good News!! I hope your ankle is feeling better.

Dave could probably teach all of us a thing or two when it

comes to Points Runs!! Just make sure you don't make

and Wrong Turns.

Got you beat. I haven't been on a train since the Gathering in St Louis last year. But I will be this Saturday as MrsFSS and I ride to Chicago from central Illinois and back.
Well, I have not been on the train since the Seattle Gathering :lol: and I am taking off tonight SPK-CHI-SPK this week followed by SPK-SEA-SPK next week. :cool:

PennyK, thanks for the news about Dave. Great to hear...

For goodness sake!!!

Do not use the word "break" anywhere around the_Traveler :help:

It could be bad luck :giggle: :blush: :lol:

For goodness sake!!!

Ii is OK he has friends in theater, and in theater "Break a Leg" is a saying of good luck. :wub: :wub:

Aloha

For goodness sake!!!

Ii is OK he has friends in theater, and in theater "Break a Leg" is a saying of good luck. :wub: :wub:
Aloha
Well, I must have great luck then. I broke a leg twice in the past 10 years! THE SAME LEG!
ohmy.gif

I'm safer on a train!
laugh.gif

I'm going to delay my trip "planned" for next week to give my leg some more "rest time".
smile.gif
But I'm still pushing to get to FL in January for the mini Gathering - unless Penny makes a wrong turn and plans it for Winter Haven and not Winter Park!
laugh.gif
Or worse yet, Winter Park, CO instead of Winter Park, FL!
ohmy.gif

Back