Business Class Drinks

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahZ

Quality Control
This is such a trivial, silly question, but anyway...

I've only taken BC from Chicago, so I'm not sure how it works when boarding at an intermediate station. In Chicago, we're allowed to board with the elderly and families (woot). Once we're on the train, the snack car attendant comes up and says, "Come get your free drinks before I open the snack car for the rest of the train." Then we all get in a little line and write on the drink tally sheet.

Next month, we're in BC from Kalamazoo. How do we handle the drink situation? Do we just walk through the snack car, get in the back of the line, and then give the snack car attendant our names or seat numbers or something once we get up there? Should we bring our ticket stub?

I know that's a long thought process for a $2 Diet Pepsi, but I'm curious. :blush:

This is such a trivial, silly question, but anyway...

I've only taken BC from Chicago, so I'm not sure how it works when boarding at an intermediate station. In Chicago, we're allowed to board with the elderly and families (woot). Once we're on the train, the snack car attendant comes up and says, "Come get your free drinks before I open the snack car for the rest of the train." Then we all get in a little line and write on the drink tally sheet.

Next month, we're in BC from Kalamazoo. How do we handle the drink situation? Do we just walk through the snack car, get in the back of the line, and then give the snack car attendant our names or seat numbers or something once we get up there? Should we bring our ticket stub?

I know that's a long thought process for a $2 Diet Pepsi, but I'm curious. :blush:
At Kalamazoo you tell the conductor you're BC and you board at the cafe car directly, proceeding to your seat. It'll be obvious to the attendant that you're BC. It's no big deal.

On the NEC, you just bring your ticket stub (or eticket, I guess) to the lounge car with you. Then show the attendant that to get the drink.

On the Wolv, BC is on the other side of the cafe from the rest of the coach, so (when I was in BC last on the Wolv) you just walk up to that side of the cafe counter and place your order.

peter

On the Wolv, BC is on the other side of the cafe from the rest of the coach, so (when I was in BC last on the Wolv) you just walk up to that side of the cafe counter and place your order.

peter
Yup, it's still ahead of the cafe car, but I'd feel weird approaching from that side and "cutting" in front of other passengers. I'll just bring my phone with me so I can show my e-ticket if the attendant asks for it.

My BC soda was cold... it was the smaller can however. The attendant I had also only allowed us 1.

peter

We always get one full can with a glass of ice coming out of Chicago on the Wolverine. Maybe it's different on other trains? :)

On the two BC rides I took during the_traveler inspired "short" trip to PHL for the Gathering I received two small drinks and a cup of ice.on both trains by showing the LSA my e-ticket on the phone! (of course it was that swill known as Pepsi!/seeing the Billy Goat Tavern in Chicago brought to mind the old SNL skit about Cheeseburger! Cheeseburger! No Pepsi! Only Coke! LOL)

I've gotten full cans on the Lincoln Service and Missouri River Runner. And since BC is the second half of the Lounge Car, the Attendant knew who we were and simply had us sign the tally sheet. It is kind of funny all the work both the pax and Crew go through for a "treat" that costs only about 20 cents wholesale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back