BWI - PHL Commute

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guest rewards for free travel is pretty easy.

But, you've identified the problem with monthly passes and AGR - you only get a point per dollar spent, do you'll end up building points up very, very slowly.

If you have a MARC monthly pass from BWI airport, you can get a free card to use the garage at BWI for free. You can get a BWI-BAL monthly pass for $100/month. I think that parking in the BWI garage will run $9/day, so it would be cheaper to buy the MARC ticket than pay the $180/month in parking (assuming I'm right about the $9 and you average 20 workdays per month).

Okay, since you are all so awesome at responding to my questions, here's another thought: how realistic is it to roll over guest rewards for free travel. I do wish that Amtrak had a more stream-line program for those that commute. For example, buy 3 monthly passes and get one free. That would help with the high cost of using the train. For me, the train is great because I can work while commuting on the train and the stop is close to work/home on both sides but I need to mentally work through how much this is really going to cost (and if there are any tricks/tips to saving some $$). Thanks all!
My understanding is that congress set the price of the monthly passes at something that is a percentage of the low bucket fare.

So yeah, it would be great to have some promo on the monthly passes but doubtful that would happen. Honestly I would just be thrilled if congress would go back to allowing up to $250 of a monthly commuter/train pass come out of paychecks pretax like they did last year, rather than having it go back to $110 or whatever it is again now.

My H's pass from PVD - BOS is $360/month but that's not really that bad compared to other ones that are out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back