Cafe Acela Meals

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradley Bitzer

Train Attendant
This sounds like a stupid question as I type it out, but I couldn't find an answer in search, nor could Amtrak's site point it out to me. I've ridden Acela in first, so I know that the first class meals are based out of departure times from key cities, however, is Cafe Acela the same way. I am in business class on Tuesday (couldn't talk my parents into putting me in first...boo hiss) and was wondering, if the train is leaving BOS at 9:15, will the Cafe car only sell breakfast, much like only breakfast would be offered in First? This doesn't seem logical, but I would just like to get my ducks in a row.

Thanks,

Brad

Brad,

Especially for a train leaving at 9:15, which gets to New Haven at 11:18 AM, they'll have both breakfast & lunch items loaded. There might not be a ton of lunch items, but there should be some. While you didn't mention how far you were going, upon arrival in NY the cafe will be restocked and it will be all lunch/dinner stuff.

Even earlier trains would most likely still carry some lunch things, as they figure that someone might eat breakfast at home prior to coming to the station. Therefore they might want lunch prior to getting into NY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back