CALIFORNIA ZEPHYR

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKA

OBS Chief
Question ? can some one give me the consist of the Zephyr? We will be four adults, in sleepers. Two roometts. Companions want to know where in the train the sleepers will be. Looking forward to this trip, no matter where the sleepers are! :D :D Going in May. Car # 0531 on #5 Car # 0631 on #6. CHI to SFC. Thanks in advance!!

On the Zephyr, the "31" cars are adjacent to the dining car. They tend to run with sleepers at the head end, so you'll likely have a couple of engines, baggage, crew sleeper, 532/632, 531/631, diner, lounge, and however many coaches (three or four).

Thanks madisonwi, Just what I wanted to know. Would liked it better if # 31 car was first in consist, just because of traffic going to diner. However as I said, will enjoy the trip where ever the car is. Thanks again ! :) :) What a great site!!!

APA218 said:
Would liked it better if # 31 car was first in consist, just because of traffic going to diner.
I don't think it will be too bad. On our last trip on the Sunset, we were on the Eagle's through cars and had to journey from the end of the train through all the coach cars and the lounge. One coach was numbing cold and the next one had no A/C, so be thankful to be so close.

Back