Can I choose my roomette?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. Thank you. :) I'd like to know before we show up at the QuikTrak so I can change it (if possible).

Last edited by a moderator:
On the Superliners I like room #4,5,6,7 and 8 on the upper level, and #14 on the LL. I like the LL for the reasons mentioned above. I have yet to use a roomette on a viewliner, it has always been a bedroom and I like B on them. I do wish you could check your rezzies on-line, since most of my trips are AGR awards I have to make them on the phone. In this day and age it is strange that they can't tie the two together.

We have roomette #20 on the TE in May.....believe this is in the transdorm.....should this be OK?
You are indeed in the transdorm. You should be ok there. If you don't feel comfortable with crew coming and going at all hours of the day and night then Call Amtrak and ask to be relocated if possible.
Since this is the trip to see if my g/f can make a LD trip someday in a roomete, should we call and ask for a different roomette............this trip will be what she will consider ALL roomette trips to be like.

We have roomette #20 on the TE in May.....believe this is in the transdorm.....should this be OK?
You are indeed in the transdorm. You should be ok there. If you don't feel comfortable with crew coming and going at all hours of the day and night then Call Amtrak and ask to be relocated if possible.
Since this is the trip to see if my g/f can make a LD trip someday in a roomete, should we call and ask for a different roomette............this trip will be what she will consider ALL roomette trips to be like.
Things to consider: The Revenue Sleeper on the Eagles (and CONO)is now on the Tail End of the Train ( and that means 2-3 Coaches will be between you and the Lounge and Diner (CCC!) with the Trans Dorm being on the Front next to the Diner and Sightseer Lounge!Of course the SCA will be in Room #1 on the Revenue Sleeper and you wont know till you board which Coach Attendant will be assigned to take car of the Pax in the TransDorm! There also will be Coffe/Ice and Juice in the Revenue Sleepr, not so in the TrandDorm! Since its the G/Fs First Sleeper Trip, Id say Call and get switched to the Revenue Sleeper if the Buckets arent too different, there can be as much as a $200+ difference in Price for Roomettes on this Route depending on the Bucket!! :eek:

I PREFER the transdorm. I find it quieter, and often less occupied, than the regular sleepers. Also the two bathrooms upstairs both have showers in them... I'm not sure if the lower bathrooms have showers in them - but I'm pretty sure they do - because I have never felt the need to use the lower bathrooms when I'm in the transdorm. The crew does get up early, but they have always been super quiet, quieter than my fellow passengers in the regular sleepers. I think you could well find your room in the transdorm to be a 'romantic getaway' spot. :wub: :wub: :wub:

I have a handy dandy map of the Superliner layout: http://trainweb.org/crocon/sleeperplans.html

I forget who linked that a long time ago, but it's in my bookmarks. :) Thank you to whomever created that.
Just FYI, I created a page that includes many more car layouts and, IMHO, better quality images. You can find it at http://www.craigmashburn.com/amtrakcardiagrams.html
:hi: Good job Craig! Thanks for Posting, this is a Frequent "Newbie" Question and should help alot! (Damn we got Great Folks on this Forum!!! :cool: )

I have a handy dandy map of the Superliner layout: http://trainweb.org/crocon/sleeperplans.html

I forget who linked that a long time ago, but it's in my bookmarks. :) Thank you to whomever created that.
Just FYI, I created a page that includes many more car layouts and, IMHO, better quality images. You can find it at http://www.craigmashburn.com/amtrakcardiagrams.html
:hi: Good job Craig! Thanks for Posting, this is a Frequent "Newbie" Question and should help alot! (Damn we got Great Folks on this Forum!!! :cool: )
Welcome!

Things to consider: The Revenue Sleeper on the Eagles (and CONO)is now on the Tail End of the Train ( and that means 2-3 Coaches will be between you and the Lounge and Diner (CCC!) with the Trans Dorm being on the Front next to the Diner and Sightseer Lounge!Of course the SCA will be in Room #1 on the Revenue Sleeper and you wont know till you board which Coach Attendant will be assigned to take car of the Pax in the TransDorm! There also will be Coffe/Ice and Juice in the Revenue Sleepr, not so in the TrandDorm! Since its the G/Fs First Sleeper Trip, Id say Call and get switched to the Revenue Sleeper if the Buckets arent too different, there can be as much as a $200+ difference in Price for Roomettes on this Route depending on the Bucket!! :eek:
Would we have to pay more just to get switched? Wouldn't we be able to keep the same rez, or would we have to cancel and re-book?

Personally, since it is just from FTW to SAS, we would not be using coffee/juice since it will be afternoon evening trip. Don't really need sleeper, but it is just to se if she might like this.

Do you think we might be able to talk an attendant into letting her look in the revenue sleeper to see how it is set up while we are in transit? Then she can see the difference...the roomettes will be the same, just the "set-up" will be different...she can extrapolate from that. If so, what pointers can you give us to talk them into this?

Since you are only going from FTW-SAS (a Day Trip!), no real need to switch! Shouldnt be any problem to check out the Revenue Sleeper, let the SCA know you are in the TransDorm and want to checkout the other Sleeper as you Board!(It will be the Last car on the Train, next to the Station as you Board, your Car will be up by the Engine, a Long walk up the Platform!) Also, be sure and let the LSA in the Diner (CCC) know you boarded in FTW and make your Diner Rez, sometimes they "forget" to do the TransDorm!Dinner usually starts @ 5PM around Temple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back