Can i pick up a guest rewards ticket in Vancouver, BC?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MontanaJim74

Im taking the cascades train soon, from vancouver to seattle. Have a ticket reserved using guestrewards pts. Can i pick this up in vancouver or should i get it before i visit canada? thank you to anyone who can answer my question.

If your award trip is 30 days or more in the future, AGR will mail you the award tickets - no other choice! If your trip is within 30 days, you can (I think) obtain your ticket(s) from a Quik-Trak. (I'm not really sure about from a ticket agent, but I believe you can).

If your award trip is 30 days or more in the future, AGR will mail you the award tickets - no other choice! If your trip is within 30 days, you can (I think) obtain your ticket(s) from a Quik-Trak. (I'm not really sure about from a ticket agent, but I believe you can).
Actually that has changed, one now has the choice of mail or pickup even out beyond 30 days. This is a very recent change, I think less than a month ago or so. But again, one does now have a choice and is no longer forced to accept mail as the only option.

Thanks for the info Alan. I am leaving the US tomorrow and i believe i got a message saying i could get the ticket from an agent.

I know i can get it at the station in DC (where i live) before i go but would like to know if i can get in vancouver too. (not sure if because its in canada if that makes a difference). hoping to save a trip to the train station here in DC.

Thanks for the info Alan. I am leaving the US tomorrow and i believe i got a message saying i could get the ticket from an agent.
I know i can get it at the station in DC (where i live) before i go but would like to know if i can get in vancouver too. (not sure if because its in canada if that makes a difference). hoping to save a trip to the train station here in DC.
From the New AGR site:

When you redeem for Amtrak travel, you have the option of picking up your ticket at a Quik Trak self-ticketing machine, at the Amtrak station (must be a staffed station) or by mail (if Quik Trak is not available or the station is unstaffed). If you choose to have your Amtrak ticket mailed, allow 7-10 business days. Partner rewards will arrive within 4-6 weeks.
Since Vancouver has a ticket agent, I'd say that based upon the above, you're good to go with picking up your ticket in VAC.

Back