Cancel & re-book online or modify by phone?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristobal

Lead Service Attendant
I've decided to change my planned trip on the EB from a November date to a September date. I already know that I'll be paying a bit more since I had been lucky enough to get the lowest bucket roomette price in November but that price is already gone for the September date that I'm looking at.

Anyway, are there any pros or cons to either method? Online cancel/re-book seems easiest on my part. Anyone know how Amtrak would prefer to handle it?

I've decided to change my planned trip on the EB from a November date to a September date. I already know that I'll be paying a bit more since I had been lucky enough to get the lowest bucket roomette price in November but that price is already gone for the September date that I'm looking at.
Anyway, are there any pros or cons to either method? Online cancel/re-book seems easiest on my part. Anyone know how Amtrak would prefer to handle it?
I'd call Amtrak RESV, that way you don't have to CANX Re-Book on the web, and have the chance that someone else CLICK before you...RESV agents can look, and book, then canx all at the "same time". Might be a bit safer, but I could be wrong.

If you call the agent can make the new res before canceling the old one so you know you won't loose the best price available for the day you want.

We hear tales of folks canceling and by the time they make the new one online the price has jumped up higher than they thought it would be. So, if you choose to do it online, make sure you make the new one BEFORE you cancel the old one.

If you need the credit for the November trip applied to the purchase of the September trip, then call. Otherwise it's probably easier to just book the new trip first online, then cancel the old one online.

If you need the credit for the November trip applied to the purchase of the September trip, then call. Otherwise it's probably easier to just book the new trip first online, then cancel the old one online.
That's what I'm gonna do then. Thanks guys!

Now...

Can anyone here suggest a good way to get from SEA to SJC? :D

Done!

For $95 more I move 1 door down (from room #2 to #4 in car 730) and 2 months ahead! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back